Wednesday 8 October 2008

Hated

I read an interesting article on http://sm-feminist.blogspot.com/ which is an awsome blog...

http://trinityva.livejournal.com/689378.html

The above is written by Biting Beaver, a RadFem of some note, and really it was the straw that broke the camels back. I realise now that there are those out there who genuinely hate me for my gender: How, I ask myself, am I supposed to respond?

I have had some recent encounters with misandary:

  1. Ve met a long term correspondant and corsetry fan who upon recognising her looked at me and said "WHAT? Your with a *MAN* now?" and,
  2. Having 'marched for those who couldn't was met by someone who attempted to impress Ve by saying "Yeah, I remember you...I don't remember *YOU*!"

- starred words come with the tone of you are a piece of worthless shit! Thanks, classy...

In translation this amounts to nothing more than 'Hey honey, why don't you come home with a REAL MAN!' aimed in my general direction - yes bigots are all retarded knuckle draggers, but given their political presence in the feminist movement I would like to ask feminists the following question:

  1. Are you seeking equality or are you seeking to become that which you so clearly dispise...
  2. Why do you spend years 'deconstructing gender' only to hastily reconstruct it and attempt to shove it up my arse without even exchanging a word with me...
  3. Why should I treat a RadFem any different than a racist ?

My father was a drunken bully who made my mothers life hell with his irresponsibilty and sexism: my mother was the one who saved us all...I was a feminist before I was aware of most masculine politcs. Feminism holds a critical place in this world and I happily back it to the hilt - misandary has none and I for one will not tolerate it...

Ve seems bored - she is a big sexist. If this was about women she'd be all over it, but she's ignoring me and patting me on the head metaphorically...she's such a man! ;)

1 comment:

electronic doll said...

There are feminists and feminists. It's a big school of thought. And like all schools, there are bullies, geeks, fools, swots and sporty types.

In the words of my mother, who never claimed to be a feminist, but was a teacher and met all sorts and dealt with them evenly and fairly: "treat people as you would want yourself to be treated."

I just want a world where what I can and cannot do is not based soley on my gender.

Or yours.