Wednesday 30 July 2008

This writing malarchy...

Well!!!!!! 4702 words in and it's hard. 4702 words sounds easy but there is no waffle in what I've written and I've edited it loads. It's weird how you have to edit it not only for the paragraph content but then for the chapter content and then in terms of how it fits into the book - I guess the key is to splurt it all out and then refine, refine, refine. I've never written like this before but I am absolutely driven to make this amazing.

I have, however, run it past someone who I'm pretty in awe of (and who is very well known on the London scene) and he has been awesomely supportive. With any luck I'm going to be able to convince him to contribute to the book, which would be wonderful! There's even the chance that I could launch my book with his new DVD and that would be amazing, but that's only a maybe atm...

He certainly was brilliant at reviewing my work - it seemed like a merciless thrashing but I know he can do a lot worse...

I'm missing company a lot atm (that's not a request, just a fact) although my house band has just undertaken 'Take a look around' by Limp Bizkit, which has brightened my day. This means that all I have to do is play bass like a pro and sing like Brian Moloko, Fred Durst, James Hetfield, Eddie Vedder, Layne Staley (Alice in Chains), Billy Joe Armstrong, J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr) and Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) - piece of cake, really! :)

Looking forward to going to Sweden on Friday: Ve's mum is finally attending Pride, which has given Ve no end of happiness. Ve spent last night thrashing the hell out of some woman who apparently loved it - I love when switch girls get that 'red veil blood lust fever' thing, it's brilliant...

Hey ho, another day, another dollar...

No comments: