Thursday 19 June 2008

Poly wants many crackers...

A while ago I had a friend who got into a poly relationship (long distance) with a Dom from the north of England. At the time I remember saying that Poly was a nice idea but usually it was an excuse for one guy to pay half as much attention to two women as they deserved. I didn't like poly - to me that relationship was based on the underlying falsehood that both parties could cope satisfactorily with a long distance relationship.

For what it's worth I myself have spent about 10 years in monogamous relationships and about 7 of those have been at distance - I have the perfect right to say "Long Distance Relationships are shit; they mostly don't work and they waste people's lives and fuck up their happiness - they come from the all evil idea of 'the one!'

The same person became involved with a well known London Dom who stated that their relationship would be based on love; but not in the traditional sense of the word: he would teach her what it is like to be 'cherished.' To me the underlying lie here is that he didn't want to be monogamous with her as he was older; bi and promiscuous.

The woman listed above is a very trusting, but not stupid person - I think she got a rough deal...

Imagine my dismay when I woke up one morning and asked myself what I wanted out of life...and the answer came back 'poly!'

It scares me: I don't want to fuck people up - nor am I a fool. Society has been wrong in front of my eyes a thousand times: I have seen so many marriages fail and so many miserable trapped people feel terrible because I don't think Human beings were ever designed to be together for more than the time it takes to raise offspring to adulthood. In about 10 years you get fed up with the other person, no matter how close you are. I loved my ex of 7 years to death but when we broke up and I look back I think, wtf...thank god for impatience.

I don't believe in the sacred union of marriage (as I don't believe that god would give a toss...), I want to enjoy the love and care of as many people as possible, so I have begun.

I have started my first poly relationship with a queer Swedish girl called Ve. She is lovely, 21 and full of life. It was very scary at first: I explained to her that because of the age difference; because she would only marry a woman, and; because she doesn't want to have children (ever!), that the future is finite for us. This is not me being callous, it's me being honest - we both chose this because the alternative is that we never get to experience each other's love or each other's light in our lives because of an unreliable, unwarranted and unwelcome definition created by an anonymous and irrelevant author. As a point of note the relationship is true poly; she will see other people too...I insisted on that!

We talked again yesterday and it seems to remain the same: we are happy, if nervous with our relationship. Hetero-normative thoughts abound, but we're holding strong.

We launched into a new era too last night when we decided that we would post an IC profile as a couple. The idea being that we take fem subs and expand Ve's knowledge of Domming, eg. bondage, impact play, D/s, etc. And for all those of you thinking that the dirty old man has convinced the gullible 21 y.o. into a threesome, (a) we've had one - one girl fell asleep on my arm and sent it numb and the other just dribbled down my sleeve (you'd think two hot swedish chicks would be better, but then you add lots of vodka to that equation and it somewhat writes it off! :) ), and (b)you should see who I've managed to pimp Ve out to at Club Subversion over the last few months:

www.meestereslucrezia.com
www.mistressnicollette.com

(both of whom are lovely people who look about 200 times hotter in real life than they do on their websites, I just noticed!)

she's been a very lucky little girl! (And I've not enjoyed watching...not one little bit!)

No comments: